Raji's Craft Hobby: Clay Figurine Flower Vase
='cap-left'/>

adsense ad

Tuesday 21 March 2017

Clay Figurine Flower Vase

I have always been fascinated with clay figurines. This is my first try with a clay figurine. I was very much excited at trying out this project.

Wanted to make a Best Out of Waste craft. So tried to recycle broken toys and cardboard roll along with homemade Clay.

Materials Used:-

  • Home Made Cold Porcelain Air Dry Clay(you can get the recipe here)
  • Acrylic Paints
  • Clay Tools
  • Glue
  • Aluminium Foil
  • Cardboard -Tissue Paper Roll
  • Any hard plank for base(I have used the outer box of my portable charger)
  • Wire for support or Flower making stem

These are base materials used here.
I got the pink funnel from my Baby Girl's broken toy.
Start by making the foundation for the figurine.
Glue the aluminium foil to the wire. Make a rough round shape for the face.
Before masking the clay do check out the layout you would like to have.
This is how I wanted my base to look.
Slowly start molding the clay to the base.


Make sure to cover the corners as well.
Now start shaping the lady.
Once you have done the sculpting,let it dry over night or untill it is completely dry.
Give a base colour of black.
Once dried, use acrylic colors of your choice to paint.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop by. I would love if you leave some inspiring comments about the post. To avoid spam , your comment will be verified and posted in sometime. Thank you!!!

You Might Also Like