Raji's Craft Hobby: Handmade Name Plate
='cap-left'/>

adsense ad

Thursday 8 December 2016

Handmade Name Plate



I am totally obsessed with clay and mural art form.Once I started trying my hand at this ,I just couldn't stop myself from trying out various clay crafts.


Recently I decided to try out this handmade nameplate for my place. And I totally enjoyed making this.

A nameplate identifies and displays a person or product's name.You can just use about anything to make your custom nameplate.

Materials Used:-

  • Wooden board
  • POP(Plaster of Paris) for texturing 
  • Glue
  • Acrylic Colors(Black, Metallic Gold, Metallic Copper, Bronze)
  • Air Dry Clay for alphabets
  • Readymade Ganesh Mural
  • Hooks for hanging the nameplate
This is the readymade Ganesh mural I used. Got it from my local stationery mart.



The base of the name plate is this MDF board.Cut it according to the size which you plan to make. Screw in the hooks at appropriate position.
If you don't have the tools to cut and fix the hooks, then you can get it done at your local carpenter or any hardware store.


Mix the glue and the POP(Plaster of Paris) in 1:1 ratio and make a thick paste.Also add in few drops of water if needed.


With the help of a spoon spread the mixture on the board.Let it dry a bit for around 10 minutes and then create textures .


Spread it without missing any spot. Use your fingers to give texturing . You can use any material of your liking to give texture to the paste. Try out various textures with a fork....toothpick....comb....pencil.....just about anything and see the magic unfold!!!!

Check out this awesome video on clay texturing ideas by JK Arts.






Roll out alphabets with the air dry clay and let them dry.

After drying the board completely, paint the it with black acrylic paint.


Use the Metallic Gold, Metallic Copper, Bronze colors to highlight.



With the help of glue stick the alphabets and let it dry.
I painted the alphabets with metallic gold color.
Fix the hooks and you can also use a coat of varnish to  give it the extra shine.




8 comments:

Thank you for taking time to stop by. I would love if you leave some inspiring comments about the post. To avoid spam , your comment will be verified and posted in sometime. Thank you!!!

You Might Also Like